Safe Driving and Teen Driving Program
Offered in Aurora, Colorado Springs, and Pueblo!
A teenager may sign up for and enter our driving program at 15 years of age and may get their permit at 15 years of age by taking classes with American Driving Academy, Inc!
We are proud of our high quality teen driving programs in Aurora, Colorado Springs, and Pueblo!
We offer more variety of driver safety and driver’s education programs, compared to any other driving school in the state of Colorado! With our courses you may study at home in our parent-taught driver education and training program or with one of our professional instructors at most all area high schools.
Our Teenager Driver’s Education Program is taught in our Classroom and students are trained by our trained instructors. Just click Driver Training to find teen driving classes in Aurora, Colorado Springs, and Pueblo – choose whichever location is most convenient for you!
***In our second safe teen driving program we offer a complete home study course***
With both programs, students are also welcome – but not required – to attend any class, at any school most convenient for them!
Since, American Driving Academy, Inc. teaches the most comprehensive and highest quality teen driving education training in Aurora, Colorado Springs, and Pueblo; our program qualifies students for hundreds of dollars in insurance reductions with most all insurance companies! The amount can be as much as 20% per year in savings for students who have successfully completed our course – check with your agent
Teen Driving Programs offered by American Driving Academy:
When: Age 15 years old to 16 years old
- Need to complete a 30 hour driver education course* (classroom or home study).
*Your child may attend our classes or do the Home Study Program as early as 14 years and 6 months in order to meet the requirement to get their permit at the age of 15.
- 16 years old
- Must hold the instruction permit for a full 12 months from the date of issue
- Log 50 hours on the log sheet (10 hours need to be done at night). Six hours of behind the wheel training is required up to 16 years and 6 months, unless the person lives over 30 miles from a full time driver education school.
- 16 & 6 months – 18 years old
- Behind the wheel driving is not required on or after the teen reaching the age of 16 years and 6 months.
- The person needs to hold the instruction permit for 12 months from date of issue
- Log 50 hours on their log sheet (10 hours of night driving).
*Colorado permit holders must pass a Colorado Drivers Test before getting a drivers license.
We administer the test to all permit holders to include those with interlock devices – you must provide your own vehicle with interlock device installed.
We can usually test the same day, or at least the same week, for a testing fee of:
- $45 in Pueblo
- $50 in Colorado Springs metro area
- $50 Aurora/Denver metro area
Call us with any questions. We’re here to help!