Drivers License Testing
Drivers License Test appointments with American Driving Academy are only scheduled by phone at this time.
- Below is a 1 minute video that gives a brief overview of what is necessary to complete the drivers license testing process through American Driving Academy.
- Under the video is a list of other Frequently Asked Questions about the Colorado Drivers License Testing process.
We administer the test to all permit holders to include those with interlock devices – you must provide your own vehicle with interlock device installed.
We can usually test the same day, or at least the same week, for a testing fee of:
- $50 in Pueblo
- $50 in Colorado Springs metro area
- $55 in Aurora/Denver metro area $60 Effective December 1, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
Students can start classes at age 14 and ½ and earn their permit by age 15.
Our driving school course includes 30 hours of classwork about the rules of the road and best driving practices.
Students will spend six hours observing their instructor’s driving and then another six hours actually driving the vehicle.
Answers to our most frequently asked questions about the our Drivers License Testing process at American Driving Academy in Colorado Springs, Aurora, & Pueblo:
- American Driving Academy (ADA) gives the most third-party driver’s license tests in the state!
- ADA only tests in Pueblo, Colorado Springs, and Aurora.
- American Driving Academy tests both our students, as well as those that were not our students.
- You are able to use our cars, while taking the test with us.
- We are able to test you if you have an interlock device installed in your vehicle.
- You must have a Colorado instruction permit to take the test if you are over 18 years of age. You may test on a valid out of state instruction permit or a Colorado instruction permit if you are under 18 years of age.
- The drive test takes about 10-15 minutes, with another 15 to 20 minutes to complete the paperwork.
- The certificate showing you passed the test is good for up to 60 days.
- You may test with us up to 4 times, after that you are required to test at a DMV office.
- You may only take one driving test per day, regardless of where you took the test.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you will be required to give your 50 hour log sheet to the DMV office when you get your license.
- If you are under 16 and ½ years of age, you will be required to give your 6 hour certificate of completion from your driving instructor to the DMV office when you get your license.
- The DMV office will charge a fee to process your driver’s license.
- American Driving Academy can usually get you in for a test the same day, if not, the following day.
- Testing Days: ADA tests in Pueblo on Tues-Fri. Springs and Aurora tests are on Mon-Fri.
- Testing Fees: We charge $50 in Pueblo, $50 and Colorado Springs ($55 for Spanish in Colorado Springs) and $55 in Aurora ($60 Effective December 1, 2019). Retesting fees are $40 in Pueblo and Colorado Springs; and $45 in Aurora ($50 Effective December 1, 2019 for Aurora)
- American Driving Academy is located conveniently in front of the DMV in Colorado Springs and next to the DMV in Aurora and in Pueblo at 210 N. Sante Fe (Parking lot).
- The test is scored exactly as the DMV would score the test.
- On the test you are scored on 3 left turns, 3 right turns, 2 stops, 2 lane changes, and some other general driving skills.
- The biggest single reason someone might fail the test is for speeding (especially in school or work zones) or doing a dangerous action.
- Driver’s License Testing reminder: 2 hands on the steering wheel, stop all the way at stop signs and red lights, and use your turn signals.
- You will not be tested on parallel parking or freeway driving.
- American Driving Academy understands you have many options when it comes to whom you take your test with and we are committed to giving you most relaxed, professional experience!